TERMS & CONDTIONS
- Definitions: “The Parties” are the Company and the The “Company” is Conduit Construction Network Ltd. The “Purchaser” is the party to whom this document is addressed. These definitions shall apply whether the transaction is for the supply of goods or for the provisions of services or both. “Relevant Quotation” is the Company’s quotation against which the order is raised. “Acknowledged Order” is any transaction between The Parties to which these Conditions of Sale are herewith applied. “Acknowledgement” by the Company is agreement to discharge the supplies or services under the Company’s Condition of Sale. When attached to a quotation, these conditions represent the terms under which the Company offers to discharge the supplies or services offered. “Construction Issue” is the information issued by the Company to the Purchaser, carrying details and information describing exactly what has been agreed between these parties for the products to be supplied; the details, finishes and dimensions and time frames thereto.
- Revised Conditions: Any stipulations by the Purchaser altering or varying any term or condition of sale is binding only if they are advised to the Company in writing and acknowledged as accepted by the Company in Purchase orders received and letters of Intent issued by the purchaser, will be acted on as if they were orders, in accordance with these terms issued by the Company to the Purchaser. The Company has the right to amend these Terms & Conditions without notice and are available upon request or via the Company website.
- Cancellation: In the event of cancellation of an order, the Company will be entitled to recover all costs and damages incurred up to the point of such a cancellation, including (but not limited to) loss of contribution and further to have acknowledged acceptance of such cancellation in
- Retention of Title: No goods supplied by the Company or the proceeds arising out of the sales of such goods are to be loaned, pledged or encumbered in any way in favour of a third party, and any attempt in respect of such loan, pledge or encumbrance shall be null and void as it is accepted unreservedly by the Purchaser that the title in such goods shall not pass save in accordance with full payment as set out at Clause 16
- Supply Lead-ins: Delivery dates are quoted in good faith but no liability will be accepted for the failure or inability of the Company to deliver for whatever cause, howsoever arising, at or within the time For the avoidance of doubt time is NOT of the essence.
- Receipt of Materials: Any deliveries made by the Company will be accompanied by a delivery note, bearing a quantified description of the These delivery notes must be signed upon delivery. No claims for shortages can be accepted once signed or if not notified in writing at the time of delivery.
- Reports and Recommendations: The Company accepts no liability in respect of any report, recommendation or scheme submitted to the Purchaser where no specific charge is made for such a report, recommendation or scheme. Where such charge is made the Company’s liability shall be limited as therein For the avoidance of doubt only such items as are offered at quotation or invoiced and charged as Reports and recommendations can be considered as such a commercial service.
- Price and scope: Prices quoted are based on costs ruling at the date of the The order will be subject to full fluctuation up to the supply date. The Company is entitled to charge for any additional costs caused by any variation in the original contract or for any costs caused by the Purchaser’s changes in scope. The Company is entitled to invoice upon full manufacture but awaiting despatch. The Company is also entitled to additional costs arising out of the Purchaser’s failure to accept material or services when they are due for delivery or performance.
- VAT: Unless expressly stated otherwise, prices do not include any Value Added Tax which may be chargeable and any such Tax will be added to the prices at prevailing rates, when goods are
- Carriage: (a) Carriage or packing charges (except as mentioned in paragraph (b)) shall be paid for by the
- The Company shall pay the cost of carriage and packing for goods only as stipulated in the relevant quotation or qualifications issued
- The Company shall be entitled to charge additional delivery charges as variations (see 8 above) at rates issued or carried in the Company’s quotations terms
- Program: The Company accepts no liability for loss or damage resulting from delay in supplying goods or services or for the nonsupply to any dates agreed for delivery or performance which shall be regarded as estimated
- Access: Where the Company is required to perform work on or deliver goods to the Purchaser’s premises or premises specified by the Purchaser, the Company shall be given uninterrupted access facilities during normal working hours for the performance of the The Purchaser shall accept delivery of, unload, provide suitable protection for and keep secure and in appropriate storage all of the materials delivered from time to time.
- Storage & delivery: Distribution and storage is the Purchaser’s Timber and timber based products must be stored in a suitable environment with controlled humidity levels, to ensure there is no degradation in the materials supplied.
- An acknowledgement order shall be deemed to include the applied undertakings as to the title referred to in Section 13 of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 (as amended or the equivalent clause of English Law) except as expressly otherwise detailed
- In the case of consumer sales as defined by Section 55(7) of the Sale of Goods Act 1893(as amended or the equivalent clause of English Law) the provisions of Section 13, 14 & 15 shall
- Unless expressly so stated in writing, goods are not sold or tested as conforming to any British Standard Specification nor save as herein provided, as fit for any particular purpose, or any other term, condition or
- The Purchaser does not rely on the Company’s skill or judgement with regard to the No person has authority to make any representation on the Company’s behalf which is not made or confirmed in writing, and the Purchaser shall not and does not rely on any representation unless so made or confirmed in writing.
- The Company shall only be liable for error, loss or damage if caused by circumstances within it’s reasonable If a claim is made by the Purchaser in writing within 12 weeks from the date of supply of the goods or services complained of and (where the claim relates to the supply of goods) if the goods are returned to the Purchaser carriage paid within such period the Company’s liability whether in contract or otherwise arising out of or in connection with this contract or the goods or services supplied or to be supplied shall in any event be limited to an obligation to repair, replace or refund the cost of the defective goods. It is an express term that the Company is not liable for consequential or anticipated costs howsoever arising and the purchaser agrees to indemnify the Company accordingly.
- sub clause (e) hereof shall apply to those cases referred to in subclause (a) and (b)
- The Company may deliver the Goods by instalments, which shall be invoiced and paid for Any delay in delivery or defect in an instalment shall not entitle the Purchaser to cancel any other instalment. The Company has the right to raise an invoice upon manufacture of each instalment, which can include the charge for carriage, on ex Works terms.
- The Company from time to time may choose to manufacture at periods which would best suit available capacity/best efficiencies and as such is entitled to invoice for the goods, per Clause 8, and assign such goods under a vesting The Purchaser recognises the need for efficiency and accordingly must not unreasonably withold the signing of the Company’s vesting certificate.
- Preservation of Statutory Rights: Nothing in these conditions shall effect any statutory rights of the Purchaser where the contract relates to a consumer sale as defined in Section 55(7) of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 (as amended or the equivalent clause of English Law).
- Contract Conditions: Shall be on such terms as qualified No person has any authority to accept any amendment, further liability or to make any further promise on the Company’s behalf unless confirmed by the Company in writing. In the event of any conflict between these conditions and any terms or conditions put forward by the Purchaser these conditions shall prevail, but the Purchaser may give written notice within 3 days of the receipt of this document that he refuses to be bound by these conditions in which case the Company may rescind the contract. Where the Purchaser’s order was in relation to an offer by the Company issued under these same terms, then the Company shall be entitled to the compensation as set out at 3 above. The Company has the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at anytime without notice.
- Payment: All goods supplied, under an agreed credit limit, shall be paid for within 30 days from date of invoice, unless specific alternative terms are stated in the acknowledgement or If any discount is offered by the Company then the same shall be deductable ONLY if all the goods are paid for, with cleared funds, within the above periods and on no account shall discount be deducted from value added tax.
- Credit status and Failure to pay on time: All Trade Accounts commence with a nil credit limit until the company can obtain satisfactory credit insurance to support a limit Credit Limits can be withdrawn by the Company at anytime without notice. If the Purchaser fails to make payment of any money owed by it to the Company, either due to period or limit breach, the Company may withhold delivery of all or part of any goods manufactured for or sold to the Purchaser or performance of any services to be rendered to the purchaser until payment is made in full of money then due. The Purchaser accepts that a breach of payment may affect subsequent delivery lead times.
During such time any sums outstanding shall accrue interest at the rate of 8% per month over the base rate of the Bank of England as varied from time to time. This shall be payable on all overdue accounts. The Company shall not be obliged to deliver any goods or perform any services if, subsequent to the contract date, he learns of circumstances which are in the reasonable judgement of the Company likely to adversely affect the ability of the Purchaser to pay for such goods or services in accordance with the contract, until such circumstances are removed and credit lines restored.
Any costs whatsoever incurred in recovering an overdue account will be added to the sum outstanding, which along with interest and VAT must be paid in full. The Purchaser acknowledges that non payment by his client for goods supplied by the Company is no valid reason for breach of the terms herewith.
- Where such goods are installed before full payment is made, the Purchaser recognises the debt and the goods will fall due without incumberance as clause 16
- Where such goods are covered by a Vesting Certificate, the payment dates at 16 above shall prevail and title will only transfer upon full settlement (as clause 18 below).
- Reservation of the property and right of disposal: The title of the goods shall not pass to the Purchaser until the Purchaser has discharged all sums owed by the Purchaser to the Company at the date of final delivery of the goods whether or not such sums shall be due on this transaction between the Purchaser and the Company in respect of credit terms extended to the Purchaser by the Company or discounts agreed to be granted by the Company to the The Purchaser accepts full responsibility for the safe keeping and custody of all goods supplied until the goods have either been returned (as clause 13e) or 19)) and received by the company or until all monies due in respect of the goods have been paid by the Purchaser. The Purchaser shall also arrange insurance against all risks of fire, explosion, storm, tempest, flood, burst pipes, impact, aircraft, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, earthquake and theft and the Company will be entitled to inspect such Insurance Policy or Policies whenever required and such Insurance Cover shall be in the joint names of the Purchaser and the Company. Should the goods become intermingled with other goods not the property of the Company through any process whatsoever, the Purchaser hereby undertakes not to dispose of any of the said intermingled goods until such time as all monies due in relation thereto have been paid to the Company.
- Surplus Goods: In the event of Ordered goods being found surplus to contract the Company may, at its sole discretion, restock the In that case a MINIMUM rehandling charge of 35% will apply. This may increase should the companies supplychain rehandling charge exceed the stated level. Any goods returned damaged will NOT be recognised for such credit.
- Set Off: The Purchaser shall have no right to set off how so ever There is adequate provision and remedy within these terms. The Purchaser has no right to set off sums relating to any other order or contract between the Parties, nor has he the right to set off anticipated costs.
- Governing Law: The Contract including these conditions shall be governed in accordance with English
Rev date 01 19